new Grohe Eurocube shower faucet hard to turn

Users who are viewing this thread

Nikita

Reaction score
Howdy,

Our plumber just installed two new dual-function Grohe Eurocube 19 925 shower faucets. They are both very hard to turn - both the diverter and flow controls. Almost to the point where turning one control "drags" the other along. Is there something that can be done to ease operation? In contrast, our grohe vanity faucets turn very smoothly....

Thanks!

-nikita

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
First, I'd call Grohe and ask them. I'd consider taking them apart and putting a good coat of silicon plumber's grease on the moving surfaces. Usually, they come with some of that on them, but maybe not in your case. But, Grohe's tech support would be my first contact. There could be an installation error that Grohe may recognize, and resolve it that I've not run into in my limited experience. I have four Grohe fixtures in my home, and they all seem to turn smoothly. I did need to replace a tub cartridge because it was leaking after 12-years, and was getting a little stiffer, but it still moved okay.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks