New Gas Water Heater Installed - Draft Hood

Users who are viewing this thread

Johnny H

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently had a new gas water heater installed and I just now noticed that the draft hood does not completely fit the heater vent pipe. Should I be worried about backdraft/carbon monoxide. I did the match smoke test and it seems to be pulling the smoke into vent. Attached is a picture of what it looks like. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Johnny

Attachments

• Draft_hood.JPG
    Draft_hood.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 269

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
it is ok perhaps the chimney would not come down any further....
you can take a few feet of aluminium foil and simply wrap it around this
flu pipe and form it to the water heater vent and it will probably work fine for
decades or you can go out and buy a roll of aluminium foil tape and do the same thing

Leonard W. Mendoza

Reaction score
While installing the draft hood, it is must secure the connection, which shall also be airtight, so no flue gases can leak. Some adjustments might be needed as long as the original size and shape are kept.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks