New Fleck 5812 SXT - Need help with settings

Users who are viewing this thread

vicnation

Reaction score
I just purchased and installed a Fleck 5812 valve with 10% resin and a 1.5 CU FT tank. The harndess was tested at 8 GPG. We have 5 people, and 3 bathrooms. What should my settings be?

This is my first water softener and any help would be appreciated!

vicnation

Reaction score
It's an XST. The sticker says BLFC: 0.25 GPM. Not sure what the injector size is but the sticker says Injector: 1.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Program the valve in the “Master Programming Mode” as follows.

1: set time to 12:01 P.M.

2: push the regen button and release

3: push and hold the up/down arrow buttons for 7 seconds to enter master program mode

4: DF set to GAL,

5: VT set to 5812

6: RF set to dF2b,

7: CT set to Fd

8: C set to 36.0

9: H set to 10

10: RS set to rc

11: RC set to 200

12: DO set to 28

13: RT set to 2:00

14: B1 set to 6

15: BD set to 60

14: B2 set to 3

15: RR set to 5

16: BF set to 16

17: FM set to t1.2

There may be a couple additional settings for a new relay that is showing up on some ne valves. If RE shows up, set to off

Last edited:

vicnation

Reaction score
I set up the softener with those settings and performed a regeneration. When I look inside the brine tank, there is no water visible above the salt. When I pull the cap off of the tube, there is maybe 2" of water at the bottom. It isn't enough to cover the grid plate. Is that normal?

Reach4

Reaction score
Is that normal?
You were supposed to add water initially. They should have put that on page 5, although the service manual was probably intended for an experienced installer. (also see page 7) Each regen, brine will draw down to roughly level 1.5 in the picture . Since you started with no water, you should have added enough water to get to at least that level plus at least 4 more gallons (your refill amount). The regen would have drawn down the brine to that 1.5 level, and then put back 4 gallons of water to make brine for the next regen.

index.php

Last edited:

vicnation

Reaction score
I'm not sure how much water I had added but it was visible above the salt line. I used 2 bags. After the regeneration, the water was not visible except at the bottom of the tube.

Reach4

Reaction score
What is your Valve Type (Display Code VT) value?

Do you have a Regenerant Flow (Display Code RF) setup value (after VT)? If so, what is the value?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks