New Fleck 5600 SXT not counting gallons properly: Defective unit, or not programmed properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve Soldo

Reaction score
Will try to make long story short:

• Purchased a Fleck 5600 SXT in 2018 from a company in Arizona that is now defunct. Some of you may be familiar with the company.
• Kept it in storage for 3 years as my Culligan was still working
• When the Culligan finally died, I installed this Fleck a month ago
• Problem: The unit senses flow (e.g. someone taking a shower) but the gallon count does not change much. For example, it shows "2850", "2970", "3010", etc.

See the photo for what the flow sensing cable looks like on the back of the unit
Water.JPG
:

How can I remedy this? Any comments would be greatly appreciated !!! Thank you !!!

Reach4

Reaction score
If in the settings if FM is set to t0.7, then good news. That would explain slow counting. Change to P0.07.

In your example you list numbers that are increasing. Normally the number counts down toward zero. So is it really counting up? That would be a mystery.

Steve Soldo

Reaction score
I followed your advice above, and yes was set at t .7

I changed it to P .7

I will follow the gallons reading for the next few days and see if this is the needed fix.

Thank you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks