New electric water heater on concrete slab

Users who are viewing this thread

Hopscotch

Reaction score
If, and I'm not saying it does, that price includes the pan, installation, and actually running a drain line somewhere, that's a decent price. If it's just the pan cost, it's not.

The plumber who quoted $91 for the hot water drain pan was already charging $700 for installation of the heater (which included a new shut-off valve and flexible connectors). He wasn't going to route the drain pan anywhere but was simply going to set the water heater on top of the pan. He recommended extending the 6-year warranty by 10 years for $250. His thermal expansion tank was quoted at another $200......a quote that was astonishingly close to $1800 for a 50-gallon electric water heater. Do I look like a Vanderbilt?

Hopscotch

Reaction score
SewerRatz, you've just shared some valuable information! The ELP pan stand is an immensely clever device and an inexpensive MUST for anyone whose clothes washer is adjacent to living areas. I figure there is a HUGE market for this. Unfortunately, the dimensions won't work for my tight-space water heater, but I do intend to publicize this information.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks