New Drake Toilet 2021 upgrades are here!

Users who are viewing this thread

KyivanRus

Reaction score
Function is the same, and the parts in the tank. The 454 Drake II series came first. The tank and bowl look to be a little bigger than the 776 Drake 2021 bowl and tank.
The 454 was an upgrade to the original 744 Drake, and as the 744 was being replaced, the new 776 got some of the features of the 454.

So, basically, the concurrent existence of 2021-onwards Drake and Drake II is nonsensical? Kind of like if a Honda Accord in black would be called Honda Accord, but a Honda Accord in white would be called Honda Shmacord? Imbecility of the highest order…

Plumbledon

Reaction score
New to forum, great resource! Bought a house that needs a couple toilets replaced, looking like the Drake is raved just about everywhere and I appreciate a good flush! I can get a much better price on a CST776CSFG but all things being equal I'd prefer a 1.28 of the CST776CEFG. I'm on well/septic and like the idea of a bit less water. Done some crash research on the model and it does appear according to the TOTO spec sheets they use the same bowl. Is it easy to tweak/convert the CSFG 1.6 flush DOWN to a 1.28 flush? I see lot of questions commentary on going UP from a 1.28, but how about down from a 1.6 model.

Secondly, is there any noted differences in performance of these two models, they look completely identical except for the flush spec. Even the part number for the flapper is identical as an option on the CEFG

toto-thu826-a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO's new Drakes at the CST775 and CST776 versions

The round bowl is C775CEFG, with 16-1/8" high bowl

Elongated bowls comes in
C776CEG, 15-1/8" high bowl
C776CEFG, 16-1/8" high bowl
C776CEFG.10, 16-1/8" high bowl

F = 16-1/8" high bowl

Tanks can be 1.28 and 1.6
E = 1.28
S = 1.60

You can rotate in and out the flush valves.

index.php

Plumbledon

Reaction score
TOTO's new Drakes at the CST775 and CST776 versions

The round bowl is C775CEFG, with 16-1/8" high bowl

Elongated bowls comes in
C776CEG, 15-1/8" high bowl
C776CEFG, 16-1/8" high bowl
C776CEFG.10, 16-1/8" high bowl

F = 16-1/8" high bowl

Tanks can be 1.28 and 1.6
E = 1.28
S = 1.60

You can rotate in and out the flush valves.

index.php

Thanks, so if I'm understanding the note, one just needs to replace the 1.6 flush valve with the THU825-A part to get the 1.28 flush.

BobJacobs

Reaction score
I am also looking at the Toto Drake toilets and have a few questions.

(1) Is there a difference between a Toto that I buy from a local plumbing supply store (say Ferguson or similar) vs a Toto from a big box if they have the same exact model number? Someone told me the ones sold at the big box stores have an unglazed trapway that clogs easier? Myth or not?

(2) Does the new dual Tornado flush system flush as well as the old Drake models ten years ago? It seems some user reviews are saying it cleans the bowl better but doesn't flush as well.

(3) The Cefiontect coating - how long should one expect this coating to last?

(4) My other fixtures in the bathroom are white in color. I am confused between the "cotton white" and "colonial white". I wonder which one will look more matched with my other "plain old white".

Thank you.

Atsottles

Reaction score
I have a cst776 T40 with 1.6gallon tank. I am looking at adding a washlet s550e and auto flush. Can anyone confirm if the auto flush will work with the 1.6 gallon tank? I have read conflicting information on this.

Also, is THU767 the correct auto flush kit for that set up?

Thank You!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks