New delta shower mixer causes drop in pressure for rest of

Users who are viewing this thread

Jdawgnc

Reaction score
I am in the process of building a home and just installed new delta shower mixers. One shower is near my pressure tank and has two shower heads on opposite walls. When the test caps were on I had ample pressure throughout the house as the well and 60 gal pressure tank are set to 60psi. Then when I installed the cartridges I noticed everything in line past the showers had a severe lack of pressure, down to just a dribble at the far end of the house. I narrowed it to one shower, even swapped cartridges thinking I had a bad one, but the same thing keeps happening. Regardless of which cartridge I use, when I hook up that one shower everything past it loses pressure. I am stumped, all the lines are red and white PEX. Easily identified and ran correctly. Anyone out there have any ideas???

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
How did you size the piping in the home?
1/2" PEX works for two fixtures and then you need to bump it to 3/4".
A two bath home needs to start out at 1".

Jdawgnc

Reaction score
How did you size the piping in the home?
1/2" PEX works for two fixtures and then you need to bump it to 3/4".
A two bath home needs to start out at 1".

It does start at 1" coming out of the pressure tank then tapers down to 3/4 after about 15-20 feet.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
WHere you branch off to individual fixtures, you really want at least the next size up pipe to help maintain maximum flow (depends on how many simultaneous uses will be off of that feed line). Plus, the smaller the pipe, the more dynamic pressure will be lost due to friction.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks