New Delta shower faucet humming

Users who are viewing this thread

OLS G

Reaction score
I installed a new Delta Multichoice valve with a 3 way diverter in my shower. Model T27867. (all copper 1/2 inch plumbing connections).

3 way diverter is set up fo a rain shower and a hand shower mounted on an adjustable bar.
This model has separate temperature and pressure controls.

Only on one setting : cold water with first outlet selected, do I get a humming vibrating noise.
This happens only at low pressure. Once you open the pressure valve fully the sound stops. If you leave it humming at low pressure it also stops when you simple push on the diverter valve or change the diverter position even slightly.

Adjusting the cold water ball valve doesn't do anything.

My first thought is to disassemble the valve and reinstall it (perhaps something isn't sitting right in the valve?)
Before I do so does anyone have any suggestions?

Best photo I've got attached. Of plumbing work.

Thanks in advance.
Oliver

Attachments

• 20190419_162245.jpg
    20190419_162245.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 215

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have in the past had vibrations from the flow restrictor on a showerhead before, where I "tuned" it by enlarging the pass through hole.
Or perhaps just reseating what you have would do it.

OLS G

Reaction score
I have in the past had vibrations from the flow restrictor on a showerhead before, where I "tuned" it by enlarging the pass through hole.
Or perhaps just reseating what you have would do it.

Thank you. The water restrictor is built in to the shower handle so I drilled 4 tiny holes in it and the vibrations are gone.
Regards
Oliver

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks