New Delta shower faucet humming

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by OLS G, Aug 15, 2019.

1. OLS G

OLS G New Member

I installed a new Delta Multichoice valve with a 3 way diverter in my shower. Model T27867. (all copper 1/2 inch plumbing connections).

3 way diverter is set up fo a rain shower and a hand shower mounted on an adjustable bar.
    This model has separate temperature and pressure controls.

Only on one setting : cold water with first outlet selected, do I get a humming vibrating noise.
    This happens only at low pressure. Once you open the pressure valve fully the sound stops. If you leave it humming at low pressure it also stops when you simple push on the diverter valve or change the diverter position even slightly.

Adjusting the cold water ball valve doesn't do anything.

My first thought is to disassemble the valve and reinstall it (perhaps something isn't sitting right in the valve?)
    Before I do so does anyone have any suggestions?

Best photo I've got attached. Of plumbing work.

Thanks in advance.
    Oliver

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    I have in the past had vibrations from the flow restrictor on a showerhead before, where I "tuned" it by enlarging the pass through hole.
    Or perhaps just reseating what you have would do it.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. OLS G

OLS G New Member

Thank you. The water restrictor is built in to the shower handle so I drilled 4 tiny holes in it and the vibrations are gone.
    Regards
    Oliver

Terry likes this.