New Delta faucet makes loud "rushing water" noise throughout house

Users who are viewing this thread

Studly

Reaction score
I just replaced an older Delta faucet in our bathroom with a warranty replacement model that Delta sent us.
The new one is a single handle model that has a cartridge with the red tab on top of it. It works fine, except when the water is turned on half way, with the handle in the middle set to warm water, it is really loud. It is not water hammer, it just sounds like lots of water is going through it and our pipes -- same sound a shower faucet would make when turned on full blast.

When the faucet is turned on all the way, the loud noise gets quieter and goes to a normal level. And if it's half way on and the handle is turned fully to hot or cold, then the sound goes to a normal level, too. So it only happens when the faucet is half way on, and set to warm water.

The sound is loud enough that it can wake you up when sleeping on the next level up.

Our previous faucet didn't make that loud of noise when we used it.

We complained to Delta and they sent us a new cartridge to try. I put that in and it made no difference in the sound. Also, I made sure the quarter-turn shut off valves for the sink are completely open, so they don't appear to be the cause.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks for any advice you may have!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks