New construction: any alternative to a sewage pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Karl Kaminski

Reaction score
Hey folks- I'm building a small home next to an existing septic field. Site has a 70' run to the septic tank. Problem is, 18" of pitch (1/4" per ft) places the sewer outlet near the top of the foundation- with no room to pitch the plumbing under the house.

I think the only solution is to run the house waste lines to the necessary location on the foundation wall, and install a sewage pump outside the foundation. At that point, the pump to septic tank will be an almost level run.

Is there another solution I'm missing?

Reach4

Reaction score
Hey folks- I'm building a small home next to an existing septic field. Site has a 70' run to the septic tank. Problem is, 18" of pitch (1/4" per ft) places the sewer outlet near the top of the foundation
Run 4 inch with a 1/8 inch per foot pitch. With IPC, as you use, you can even run 3 inch with a 1/8 inch per foot pitch.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Getting and KEEPING a constant, minimum pitch on buried pipe can be tricky, especially if you can't bury it far. Drive the car over it once while moving something, and you may damage the pipe or mess with the slope. Your locale may have some minimum depth requirements, but that's more often for things like water supply lines than drains, but it doesn't hurt to check first. Gravity is always the cheapest, most reliable method to move stuff...just not always available.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks