New closet header for standard bifold doors

Users who are viewing this thread

Marzec

Reaction score
I have a question about the best way to frame a new closet header so standard bifold doors can be installed. Is this the best place to ask carpentry/framing questions? If so, I will update this post with my questions and photos.

Buzzards27

Reaction score
82 to 82 1/2 depending on floor cover and what you cover underside of header with.

More is better when in doubt. I sometime add a piece of 2x4 or 1x4 to the underside so the drywaller doesn't short me. If you're doing a drywall wrap, mark it for them.

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a question about the best way to frame a new closet header so standard bifold doors can be installed. Is this the best place to ask carpentry/framing questions? If so, I will update this post with my questions and photos.
There are several members who are very knowledgeable about framing questions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks