New build; seeking advice on plumbing design; floor plans attached

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by CPM10V, Jun 29, 2017.

1. CPM10V

CPM10V New Member

I'm in the design stage of a new home in the Phoenix, AZ area (slab, 2 stories, Eljen septic). It will be plumbed with PEX but I'm not sure on what method to use (home run, submanifold, trunk/branch, etc.) or diameters. The water heater (style TBD) would be located (as of now) in the garage area w/ the other mechanicals. I'd also like to have some kind of hot water return for master bath and kitchen.

If you were to spec the system at the design stage to incorporate "best practices" what would it look like, considering the Phoenix climate?

Attached Files:

2. Stuff

Stuff Well-Known Member

What does your plumber say? Lots of times the homeowner specifies the nuts and bolts but the builder does his own thing. If going in concrete slab then really important to talk.

Also - consider making the toilet room door swing out.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. CPM10V

CPM10V New Member

Thanks for the feedback, and good idea re: door. No plumber is involved yet, I was hoping to come up w/ some overall design parameters to have ready when we met.

5. hj

hj Master Plumber

Plumber
    The "design parameters" are the blueprints and locations of the sewer and water connections. HE will go from there with HIS design. If the door swings outward, it will ALWAYS be in the way of anyone using the "hallway", unless it is always closed or opened 180 degrees against the wall, which it will seldom be.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  6. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Suppose you put the hinge on the left side of the drawing so that the door swings against the closet... It could be in the way too, but maybe that would be a lesser problem.