New Build, does this look right?

Users who are viewing this thread

mss2019

Reaction score
this is my first home purchase and i'm a single female buying in Louisiana. This caught my attention (the big open space around that large pipe going in the floor) but the inspector assured me its not bad and its cosmetic. I need honest opinions please because I saw a few other things that I didn't like but i'm not sure if this is normal. This is under the kitchen sink/island also the master bathtub had no water and inspector said he thinks they forgot to cut on water under tub and may have to remove tub or cut access hole to get under tub to turn the water on. This is a 190,000 home and i'm worried.
IMG_20180818_091537.jpg

Will Rogers Plumbing

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Website
www.willrogersplumbing.com
When I was in OKC area, that that of install was normal. The main issues with installing a 3" and doing a combination waste and vent is the kitchen never fully flushes out the 3" pipe. I'd like to see the 3" higher and have a 90 at top with cleanout for better excess in future for clearing drain. The cut around the piping can be sealed with insulation You need a p-trap and inspector needs to be fired lol

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
No P-Trap or Vent.

The purpose of a P-Trap is to prevent sewer gas and smells from entering the home. The trap gets vented to prevent siphoning of the trap. Normally that vent is through the roof. On some Island sinks, and AAV (Auto Air Vent) can be used to prevent a P-Trap from siphoning, assuming there is a vent somewhere in the system that does go through the roof.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks