New Boiler

Users who are viewing this thread

Llavey

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a Munchkin M140 that has reached the end of it's life. While It could be repaired, there are many more reasons to replace than repair. This little boiler has been doing a great job for 17 years. It's had a handful of repairs, but nothing terrible. For the replacement, I've had three different contractors come in and each has a preferred manufacture. So far they are:

Wells-Mclain ECO Tec 150
Bosch Greenstar 151
Navian NHB-150

A this point, I think I'm going to pass on the Well-McClain, not because of the product, but rather the provider. That leaves me with the Bosch and Navian products. I believe they are both good industry leaders. Anything I should be aware of from either? They both also offer a hot water option, I've considered it, but will probably pass unless someone can convince me otherwise. My current hot water heater is only a couple years old and is functioning fine. The configuration works.

If anyone can provide any insight on either of these boilers I'd appreciate it. Things I need to look out for, reliability etc... My house is roughly 5000 sq ft of in floor radiate heat.

FYI: This is not a DIY, I'm tired of being my own Munchkin repair man. This will be a 100% contractor install and maintain.

Thank you
Link

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
What the cat difference between a combi and just a plain mod con boiler? If it's not much I'd get the combi. You don't have to use the hot water side of it bit its always there for convenience.

We generally use Navien. They are pretty smart and good with good support and availability. But it doesn't really matter. Brands are brands.

Llavey

Reaction score
What the cat difference between a combi and just a plain mod con boiler? If it's not much I'd get the combi. You don't have to use the hot water side of it bit its always there for convenience.

We generally use Navien. They are pretty smart and good with good support and availability. But it doesn't really matter. Brands are brands.
Thanks. Not sure on the price difference, but agree I should check. Good to here about Navien, I'm more familiar with Bosch. Thanks for your comments.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks