new bathroom upstairs

Users who are viewing this thread

braaad

Reaction score
what a great site, glad i found it. I am in the process of adding a bathroom upstairs to an old farmhouse. and was looking for some rough in tips. The existing plumbing is way on the other side of the house downstairs near the septic tank, and what im doing is just getting the drains and vents roughed in for easy connection later when i tear apart the old bathrrom floor to get to the main septic drain. the bathroom is ona crawlspace you really cant crawl under..eeeek. i've been reading some books about setting up the rough in. just figured i'd post a picture of my idea and see what you all think about venting it properly. i have a one piece shower unit so the wall isnt even up yet. i could vent through the new wall going up when the shower is in. or should i vent it where i drop down to the basement? having such a long run to the existing drain does this effect drain pipe size?

Thanks,
Brad

Attachments

• bath1.jpg
    bath1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 321

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
dwv_b2.jpg

Without seeing exactly, it would be hard to say how to run it.
This drawing shows how many bathrooms are done, every fixture being vented.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks