New Bathroom Faucet Water Connections

Users who are viewing this thread

Ecooper77

Reaction score
Hi guys! So, over the weekend I went in to relace my bathroom faucet. I got all the old stuff out then went to Lowe's to get the water supply lines (that I'd naively assumed would come with the new faucet). I get home and the new supply lines don't fit the old (1955) copper water valve connections. Is there some sort of connector that will hook the new, braided water lines to the old copper connector heads? I've attached some images for clarity. Your help is much appreciated!

old and new faucets.jpgexisting connection.jpg

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
I would replace the valves. The one's you have are for a flair connection.
John

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Anytime you're refreshing the valve, it's a good idea to replace the shutoff valves as well. Those look like they are soldered on, but there appears to be enough length to just cut them off and use a compression valve (depends on the brand but most require about 1", plus some extra if you add new eschutions). You will need to polish off all of the paint or whatever is there down to bright copper to get a compression valve to seal properly. Or, once you've got it cleaned up, you could solder on new ones. While you have things apart, you can get new eschutions to slide over the pipe stub for a couple of bucks more.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks