New A/S cartridge leaks too. Could the problem be elsewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jdburger

Reaction score
I put a brand new cartridge kit into my A/S Bath and Shower set because the old one was leaking. But the new one leaks too!

It leaks at the cartridge seals in the back, and at the shaft where the lever handle mounts.

I'm wondering if I should have replaced the balancing spool kit as well?

I'm looking for any and all suggestions at this point. Thank you in advance.

It's an "American Standard Ultra-Mix Pressure Balancing Bath and Shower Set Model 1363 Series", and I replaced "Cartridge Kit (incl. seals) 066269-0070A"

The A/S diagram can be found in the following old post from sone else to this forum.

https://terrylove.com/forums/showth...lancing-Bath-and-Shower-Set-Model-1363-Series

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A bad balancing spool would normally only cause a leak out of the shower head when the valve was turned off. You are describing leaks caused by a bad cartridge/stem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks