New A/S cartridge did not solve leaking problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Patriot305

Reaction score
I have an American Standard Ultra-Mix Pressure Balancing Bath and Shower Set Model 1363 Series. I changed the 066269-0070A cartridge, but still have leaking from the tube spout in the off position. I adjusted the stop, which limited the flow but did not stop the leak. Should the cartridge cause a positive shutoff and all that is needed is to replace it again or do I need to look elsewhere? Other than the shutoff leak, the unit works perfectly.
Any help would be appreciated.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
"Other than the shutoff leak, the unit works perfectly." LOL.
You could repeat the job again, and see if you can stop the leak, make sure you have all o rings in place.
Good luck.

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
I have an American Standard Ultra-Mix Pressure Balancing Bath and Shower Set Model 1363 Series. I changed the 066269-0070A cartridge, but still have leaking from the tube spout in the off position. I adjusted the stop, which limited the flow but did not stop the leak. Should the cartridge cause a positive shutoff and all that is needed is to replace it again or do I need to look elsewhere? Other than the shutoff leak, the unit works perfectly.
Any help would be appreciated.

After 10 years of no trouble, my Symmons shower valve started needing new washers/gaskets every year, then every month, then it leaked all the time. Symmons sent me a kit that included hot and cold seats and a tool to extract them free of charge. They also included a new spindle cartridge.

John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks