Neil Armstrong, 1st man on the moon, dies

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/neil-armstrong-1st-man-moon-dies-193954975.html

My husband and I had the pleasure of meeting him at Langley quite a few years ago. He was such an incredible man, he really had a great sense of humor, is what I mostly, remember when I think back to those 2 lunches. He told me I ate like a bird, which is really not what it was, I was so excited to be there with him, that I couldn't eat. :) Then, desert came and when I did eat that, he was smiling at me, and laughed, when I said, " I really like ice cream." THAT has never changed either. He autographed my napkin for me and, then, I had nothing to wipe my mouth on, and we were laughing, and, so he handed me his.

Nice man, really sweet.

Cookie

Reaction score
I remember when he first walked on the moon. My mom thought for sure he was in the desert that such a thing could never happen, she never believed it. At lunch we talked alittle bit about it, and, he was so down to earth, and so friendly, that I told him about my mom, and he said, he was really on the moon, lol. It was sad she died earlier, it would had been so cool to have had him call her.

I think, we were in Spokane visiting my dad's army buddy, when he took his first step for mankind.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks