Neighbor drilled/fracked new well! Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

GTOwagon

Reaction score
150 feet from my well...and you know what that means! So after three years and having my system dialed in to where after chlorine injection, pressure tank, contact tank, sediment filtration, carbon filtration and softening produced bottle water quality- I am back to SQAURE ONE with dirty Gray well water! The two filters and softener hardly touched it, but the question I have for the forum is this: I have my chl. Injection in front of my pressure tank and wish to place a bypass so I can feed my outside spigot with untreated and unchlorinated water (so I can clean the well)

How the heck do I do that if I don’t want to be sending chlorinated water out my outside spigot? Do I move my chlorine injector over to the downstream side of the pressure tank and before the contact tank, and buy a device to plumb in that is a flow rate meter instead of having my chlorine pump run off the pressure tank switch?

Also the well driller who did the job was very nice and the next morning came over with a loaner microfiltration device and plumbed that into my system after the carbon filter and before my softener. It is made by Masterwater. It is doing the job of providing us with clean water. https://www.masterwater.com/wp-cont...e-technology/sales-info/UltraPro Brochure.pdf

Does anyone have any experience with this system? I wonder if I can can the chlorine, the sediment filter and the carbon filter and just run this system? Any advice or input as to my dilemma?

Gsmith22

Reaction score
I can't answer your questions, but the first thing I thought of when I read your post was that two wells that close together are going to create quite a drawdown in the water table. I don't know what kind of flow you have/had, but I'm shocked that you would even be allowed to place two wells so close. At 150ft apart, there might as well be one well that both of you draw from. I'd be more worried about a dry well then filtered water at this point. There is obviously communication between the wells/drilled into the same water source if by just drilling a well they messed up your water quality. Yea, that well driller just sounds like a great guy (neighbor too).

GTOwagon

Reaction score
Well I had 8 gallons and I suspect that our wells being so linked will have similar but on the upside it will probably increase volume for both wells according to a driller. There isn’t a law that prevents it incidentally. As long as they don’t try to irrigate with that well they should be fine and so should we. I think volume is the least of the worries.

GTOwagon

Reaction score
Incidentally I have 302 feet of well with static pressure at 22” in a six inch casing so I assume I have normally about 350-400 gallons in the casing, but because of this I am considering a newly designed system that would store 500 gallons in th basement (luckily I have lots of room for it) on a float switch and add chlorine into that non pressurized vessel and then add a jet pump with a CSV after it and treat from there. Perhaps that would solve me being able to bypass the chlorine more easily as well. I also have 120 gallon contact tank downstream so perhaps that too could be integrated into the system to increase storage and floc of the bad stuff in the water before it ever hits the filtration system. So does anyone have a recommendation or a warning on microfiltration and would it allow me to negate the use of chlorine?

Dpwells

Reaction score
150 feet from my well...and you know what that means! So after three years and having my system dialed in to where after chlorine injection, pressure tank, contact tank, sediment filtration, carbon filtration and softening produced bottle water quality- I am back to SQAURE ONE with dirty Gray well water! The two filters and softener hardly touched it, but the question I have for the forum is this: I have my chl. Injection in front of my pressure tank and wish to place a bypass so I can feed my outside spigot with untreated and unchlorinated water (so I can clean the well)

How the heck do I do that if I don’t want to be sending chlorinated water out my outside spigot? Do I move my chlorine injector over to the downstream side of the pressure tank and before the contact tank, and buy a device to plumb in that is a flow rate meter instead of having my chlorine pump run off the pressure tank switch?

Also the well driller who did the job was very nice and the next morning came over with a loaner microfiltration device and plumbed that into my system after the carbon filter and before my softener. It is made by Masterwater. It is doing the job of providing us with clean water. https://www.masterwater.com/wp-content/uploads/PDFs/consumers/literature/membrane-technology/sales-info/UltraPro Brochure.pdf

Does anyone have any experience with this system? I wonder if I can can the chlorine, the sediment filter and the carbon filter and just run this system? Any advice or input as to my dilemma?

Dpwells

Reaction score

Also the well driller who did the job was very nice and the next morning came over with a loaner microfiltration device and plumbed that into my system after the carbon filter and before my softener. It is made by Masterwater. It is doing the job of providing us with clean water. https://www.masterwater.com/wp-content/uploads/PDFs/consumers/literature/membrane-technology/sales-info/UltraPro Brochure.pdf

Dpwells

Reaction score
How did it work out with your UltraPro? Which model did you install, as we also have colloidal clay and currently use Chlorine and Sternpac to coagulate the clay particles. However, we had read that chlorine was only allowed at 1ppm with the ultrafiltration backwashing system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks