Needed: Wall Mount Toilet Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

ThomasD.

Reaction score
Great forum here, my compliments to all involved. I am in the process of remodeling / constructing a 5-room "Inn" (my wife doesn't like the sound of "B&B"). Each room will have a it's own full bath w/ separate shower. The toilet / shower area will be fully tiled & the floor sloped into the shower for easy access / cleaning. We want a fairly "modern & contemporary" style and because of the sloped floor, a wall mount toilet would be ideal. So, after much internet research, I just haven't found any real useful reviews of contemporary wall mount toilets. I have no problem with the "rough-in" frames or additional structural framing, just need good, solid advice on which toilet / rough-in frame combination will work best and efficiently for flushing and cleaning. Because of the hospitality nature of our project, they will be cleaned daily but good flushing / wash down is still essential. We currently have 3 of the Kohler "Cimmaron" toilets which at the time were highly recommended. We have found them to be some of the most poorly flushing / cleaning toilets ever. We can't afford to make that mistake again with wall mount fixtures. Any and all advice from Terry and everyone else on this forum would be much appreciated.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If you want wall mount, I might suggest a tank-type toilet, such as the American Standard Glenwall, pressure assisted. The tank type give you less of a 'commercial' feel to the bathroom. The pressure assisted works well. If you went wall mount with a flushometer, you have to plan that well in advance, because you need a 1" water supply all the way, and you would have to plan the entire water supply system to the building to accomodate 5 bathrooms + I assume an owners apartment. I do like the idea of the floor you plan, but realize that must be a waterPROOF floor all the way. Not enough to just throw down extra tile. Easy to do when you plan on it from the get-go.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
FIVE flushometer toilets would need MORE than "a 1 inch line all the way", so the tank type is all they need, or want. I use J.R.Smith carriers, but they are all about the same quality.

ThomasD.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I was thinking more along the lines of the Toto or Duravit style wall mount toilets with recessed tank, unless there are issues with them.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Personally, I don't particularly like pressure assisted toilets, so I would go with a tank type as well. If you can provide the internal wall space for the tank and the access panel, that may be the way to go. I think that the Toto Aquia is available as a wall-hung.

ThomasD.

Reaction score
Personally, I don't particularly like pressure assisted toilets, so I would go with a tank type as well. If you can provide the internal wall space for the tank and the access panel, that may be the way to go. I think that the Toto Aquia is available as a wall-hung.

Ok. I've heard good things on this forum about the floor mounted version of the Aquia, but nothing about the wall mounted version. Also, any information about which rough-in frame is preferred?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Now we get to the nitty gritty. Looks like the Aquia wall hung with in-wall tank and carrier is a very nice unit, and about $1000. But any wall hung with carrier is going to be in that neighborhood.. hows you budget???

ThomasD.

Reaction score
Budget????? Hopefully, for a semi-profitable endeavor such as a our proposed business, the return will eventually outweigh the initial cost. Quality, style and function still trump economy in my mind, but if all four were available in one unit......... Anyway, the "Cimarron" cost saving approach didn't work well. I'll pay up front for true form & function.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks