Need Water Softener Help in Noblesville, Indiana - Please

Users who are viewing this thread

deb's

Reaction score
We are new to this area and don't know much about water softeners except what they've told us at Lowe's and Sear's. I know the water here is very, very hard.

Our house is 2600 sq ft and there's only two of us. We have 3.5 baths. And, sadly, we don't how to DIY.

Can anyone suggest a good water softener for us and a good place to buy it and get it installed?

Lowe's showed us a KrystalPure water softener. Does anyone know anything about them?

We could really use some advice and suggestions on where to go. Thanks!

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
First test the water, if it is city ask them for the hardness of the water.

Sounds like Krystalpure is another spin on GE or Kenmore... but this is the first time that I have heard of the name.. but can not see Lowe's or any of the box stores selling a unit of any quality....

deb's

Reaction score
First test the water, if it is city ask them for the hardness of the water.

Sounds like Krystalpure is another spin on GE or Kenmore... but this is the first time that I have heard of the name.. but can not see Lowe's or any of the box stores selling a unit of any quality....

Could you suggest one for us that would be of quality in your opinion. Would be get it through a plumber?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
See if there is an Independent Dealer in your area that is selling Fleck or Clack systems..

There are some plumbers that know what they are doing when it comes to treatment systems and then there are others that know little to nothing about treatment.

I know what I like to use where I am here in Alaska... Fleck 2510 meter with max capacity of 48K or 1.5 cubic foot of resin.. that system set up has been the work horse day in and day out with little to no challenges along the way ... system wise, now user or water is another story.

deb's

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there in indiana who may be able to chime in? We're in the Indianapolis area. Also, what is an independant dealer other than a plumbing co?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Look under water treatment, water softeners, water conditioning...
There will be the standard names and then there might be some that are not the culligan, ecowater, kinetico....
Then there might be water consultants.. they are more likely to find out what is in the water and what you are looking to take out of the water and what you would like to have for water quality when it is all said and done.
Some thing to check for ,, are they there to fix a challenge or to make money?
Not that there is anything wrong with making money, no money no business.. but are they there for the customer or there more for them selves?

deb's

Reaction score
I found an independent dealer who sells Clack system. The fellow is comming out tomorrow morning to take a look.

Can you advise me the top questions to ask?

I would so appreciate the help. Thanks!

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Amount of resin in the tank.
Size of media tank.
If you are using say 9lbs of salt and there is 1.5 cubic that should be about 33k...
What kind of warranty ?
If some thing happens evenings and weekends will they be there?
How do they handle warranties?
Do they do a loaner or make you wait with a down system til they get the part back from Clack?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks