Need water heater help ASAP

Users who are viewing this thread

Da Arsonist

Reaction score
Hello firs time poster but I could really use some help. I have a 2011 reliance 603Lort 201 model propane powered water heater. I have not had any issues beside the igniter not working well, anyways we recently had a freeze and wile I was working on some plumbing I turned of the propane to the water heater and had to pull out the burner to reignite the pilot. In doing this I bent the smaller propane tube cracking it and causing a propane leak. At the hardware store they only had the full bottom replacement with new pilot and igniter I decided to buy as I figured would fix my igniter problem. Once removing I realized my control did not have the prongs to plug in the wires. I then removed my thermo control to have a better look. By mistake I tore some wires that appeared to be sautered on to the thermo. No I’m screwed n trying to figure out what to do. I cannot find this model anywhere online or get any replacement parts. I’m wondering if I buy a newer Honeywell thermo control would it work with the water heater. The only difference I can tell is the part that goes into the water heater is shorter than the one it has on it. Please help me out.

thanks

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your water heater is out of warranty and I'm sure Reliance will charge you an arm and a leg for the parts you need...and you would still have an 11 year old tank.
Dump this WH and get a new one instead.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks