Need tub spout with dirverter for Kohler Bellwether tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Lee Paulson

Reaction score
We have our Kohler Bellwether tub installed and the drains plumbed. So far so good. But before the tub arrived, we purchased a Moen tub/shower valve. The tub spout which came with the Moen kit is obviously too short for the Bellwether tub.

Here are my questions: for those who have installed a Bellwether tub, what spout did you use? How did you solve the problem of needing to extend the reach of the spout? I'll need one with a diverter. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.

Lee Paulson

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have provided more information. Our Moen tub spout that came in the valve package is a little over 6 inches long. The issue as plumbed is that the Bellwether tub has a very wide top ledge that ends with a sloping side, supposedly, I presume, so that a person can lean comfortably back against it.

Net result is that the Moen tub spout is too short to reach all the way into the tub past the overflow. As it is now, a good share of the spouts water ends up going down or splashing off of the tub's overflow, which is directly under the spout. We were considering the purchase of an 8 inch spout in order to extend the incoming water stream out further. But were wondering what other folks have done to deal with the issue of the tub's top ledge being so wide.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks