Need to relocate vent pipe because taking out existing wall

Users who are viewing this thread

KennySackman

Reaction score
Would the drawn out scenario be ok? I'm taking out a wall to make out bathroom larger and accommodate a tub and shower instead of just a small showe kit. I would need to relocated the vent pipe as it runs up the wall I want to take out. I will be installing a new wall about 2 feet back from it and want to run the drain pipe up that wall and then connect to existing vent out the ceiling horizontally in the attic. I have attached a rough drawing of what I want to do since this seems like the easiest thing for me to do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 268

KennySackman

Reaction score
I want to connect to existing vent pipe out of the roof horizontally in the attic so I don't have to move the vent and put a new hole in the roof.

KennySackman

Reaction score
Or could I do the top scenario and connect to the pipe that goes out the roof in the attic horizontally? So I would cut the pipe in the attic and put a 90 turn in it and run it horizontally in attic to location of new pipe running up new wall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 272
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks