need to purge a furnace gas line?

Users who are viewing this thread

beezer

Reaction score
I need to relocate my propane gas home furnace by approx. 19" and will need to disconnect the gas line and install a longer line. Once this is complete do I need to purge the gas line in order for the furnace to be able to light? This is a newer philco furnace with a honeywell valve. If I need to purge the line how and where is this done?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It may take a couple of tries to light it, but eventually it should get the gas there to light. Does it have a pilot light? Just get a lighter and hold it there until the pilot lights. A match may not last long enough!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The line is under gas pressure, so as soon as a pilot or valve is opened, it will start purging out the air. If this is an igniter type gas control, it will take several tries. This is why the circuit is designed to repeat start tries.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks