Need to install floor flange but waste pipe not round.

Users who are viewing this thread

StephenF

Reaction score
The waste pipe (sorry if not proper name) was at one time a 4" pipe set into the concrete foundation. I need to replace the flange and it is about 3 1/2" wide one way and a little over 4" the other. What is best type of floor flange to use so I can mount the new toilet? Is it an issue to just use a 3" and use concrete screws to mount to floor (above the current tile) or does the gap in the waste pipe and flange create an issue?

Reach4

Reaction score
The waste pipe (sorry if not proper name) was at one time a 4" pipe set into the concrete foundation. I need to replace the flange and it is about 3 1/2" wide one way and a little over 4" the other. What is best type of floor flange to use so I can mount the new toilet? Is it an issue to just use a 3" and use concrete screws to mount to floor (above the current tile) or does the gap in the waste pipe and flange create an issue?
Are you saying that the pipe coming from the slab is oval shaped? How about a photo of what you have. Take the rag out for the picture.

StephenF

Reaction score
Are you saying that the pipe coming from the slab is oval shaped? How about a photo of what you have. Take the rag out for the picture.

Yes the pipe is oval shaped. Not sure how this happens but this is what I'm working with.

Attachments

• toilet.jpg
    toilet.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 204

Reach4

Reaction score
I think there was lead there, but somebody cut most of it a away.

Somebody might be able to solder some lead back.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
They make these in 4" also which I've used on lead bends before. I used this 3" on a 3" ABS drain.

neorest-install-03.jpg

If it's just a matter of having something to hold the closet bolts, something like a repair ring.

red-ring-repair-love-2.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks