need to fix site security certificate or site cannot be accessed

Users who are viewing this thread

AcidWater

Reaction score
I'm using an old browser & I can override the "don't go there - bad site certificate" warning.
But newer browsers are part of the Nanny State & people won't be able to get to the site at all

Gips

Reaction score
If an administrator for the site is watching this, get a new SSL Certificate with a CN of terrylovbe.com and also specify www.terrylove.com as a Subject Alternate Name (SAN) when creating the Certificate Signing Request.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I ran in to a Warning page just today, here, while navigating (I don't remember where). Got big black page with red warning lettering.
Using Firefox fully updated browser on Win 10.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I plan on updating the server and the software very soon. That's the next project my son and I have. He's been bugging me to start the process as soon as I can.
Not a fun thing, but has to happen every so many years.

Reach4

Reaction score
No site problem here.

If something is trying to lead you to terrylovbe.com, that is not this site.

Taylorjm

Reaction score
I have more issues with the ads, only because I run malwarebytes premium and it flags the ads as being malicious and coming from jehezozy.com

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have more issues with the ads, only because I run malwarebytes premium and it flags the ads as being malicious and coming from jehezozy.com

Good to know. I don't see all the ads. I will look into that.
I just checked my Adsense account, and the search came up blank on that domain. I did block some ads about an hour ago though. They were ads for shirts with mean messages. I blocked them.

The last thing I need is mean stuff. We just want to talk house projects here.

Taylorjm

Reaction score
Just tonight, Tuesday night, I came on the site and got the pop up from malwarebytes when the ad popped up. Here is what it said. If it was some off the wall free scanner, then I'd have my doubts if it was correct, but malwarebytes is a pretty well known brand and it's a paid subscription so I'm a little more confident that it's correct. It's not a big deal to me, it pops up saying it's blocked and I go on my way. I don't know if anyone else is getting a similar note. I don't have anything else open except your site in chrome.

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com
-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 11/23/21
Protection Event Time: 9:41 PM

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe, Blocked, -1, -1, 0.0.0, ,

-Website Data-
Category: Malvertising
Domain: nestigiky.com
IP Address: 199.80.54.74
Port: 443
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
(end)

D C

Reaction score
TONS of issues with the ads here. Just had one take-over my new-post page and post the "your computer has been locked out" message along with the computerized voice telling me to call their phone number to unlock my computer. Killed that page (using Chrome) and now McAffee is telling me that it's blocking content. I often see popups and new pages being created thanks to the ads.

Taylor Love

Taylor Love
Staff member
Administrator + Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
TONS of issues with the ads here. Just had one take-over my new-post page and post the "your computer has been locked out" message along with the computerized voice telling me to call their phone number to unlock my computer. Killed that page (using Chrome) and now McAffee is telling me that it's blocking content. I often see popups and new pages being created thanks to the ads.

Alright. Yeah. I had a chance to do some investigation into a lot of these reports and I did find the source of some of these issues. It isn't good. At some point, a bad actor added their own custom ad scripts to the website. These files could trigger their own ads, their own notifications... and... well it's JavaScript running on the terrylove.com domain. Many things can happen. I removed what I could find, and it seems to be removed for now. We're going to be doing a fresh install on everything soon (we'll keep content and data, though we'll be cautious about what exactly is kept), and all code files will be locked down using version control. Going to be going through all the files to see what to bring over to the new system.

Seriously though. Change your passwords. I can't prove that anything did happen, but I can't prove it didn't either. So be safe and assume it did, change your shared passwords, and change this site's password once the forums are moved over to the new server. Thank you for your reports, it helped to narrow down the source files causing issues.

Expect that the site will go into a read-only mode over the next week or so as things are getting moved over.

Reach4

Reaction score
Seriously though. Change your passwords. I can't prove that anything did happen, but I can't prove it didn't either. So be safe and assume it did, change your shared passwords, and change this site's password once the forums are moved over to the new server. Thank you for your reports, it helped to narrow down the source files causing issues.
Good work on the upgrade. I just changed my password, even tho I did not use that password elsewhere.

I was told by a software project manager that the best way he knew to estimate how long a software project ought to take, multiply that by 3, and add 10%.

I was told by a physicist that scientists had a similar algorithm: estimate how long you think a project ought to take, and multiply that by pi.

Last edited:

Taylor Love

Taylor Love
Staff member
Administrator + Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Good work on the upgrade. I just changed my password, even tho I did not use that password elsewhere.

I was told by a software project manager that the best way he knew to estimate how long a software project ought to take, multiply that by 3, and add 10%.

I was told by a physicist that scientists had a similar algorithm: estimate how long you think a project ought to take, and multiply that by pi.
3? Wow, I usually multiply by two, but three is probably more tried and true. Especially with larger projects. The more moving parts the slower the process will be. Too much waiting on communication delays. But yes.... it always takes longer than expected. That is true. Right now I'm migrating some files from this forum onto the fresh install forum on the newer server and checking the diff to throw out files that aren't part of the core installation + addons.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks