Need recommendation for toilet please

Users who are viewing this thread

MVM

Reaction score
Replacing American Standard toilets in house we just bought as they don't flush well. Water heights in tanks are correct. Water pressure seems fine. Have to hold lever down to get toilet to flush waste and even then its a 50:50 chance that things wont be flushed. Always had Totos in other houses and NEVER had a problem.

One looks like they installed the wrong rough in size.

Anyways, for the problem toilet mentioned above, need:

Standard height (tank has a shelf just above it at 30.25" so need to be able to not just fit under that, but be able to take the tank lid off should repairs be needed)

Elongated

10" rough in

Preferably 1.6 gpf

As I said above, I've always used Totos, but Toto doesn't have anything that will fit these requirements and I have no experience with anything else, other than the American Standard there that doesn't work. Any recommendations for something that will fit and flush almost anything?

Thanks in advance!

Reach4

Reaction score
Any of the Totos that use Unifit, except for 30 inch height, will meet your description, but you need the optional 10 inch unifit. That adds cost to what is already a fairly premium toilet.

MS644114CEFG at 25-5/8 tall looks good for height. So it meets all of your specs except 1.6.

You might want to think about how that shelf can be modified to lift out for toilet tank servicing.

The Unifit requires you to drill 4 holes through your tile, which can be hard with ceramic and very hard with porcelain. So you cannot just set these down on the closet bolts as you do with most toilets. I kinda like the Unifit, but you want to know what you are getting into.

One of the 10 inch rough AS Cadets with 1.6 GPM flush would do a good job. This should be a search that gives those , except the heights are probably taller than you want:

If 1.28 GPF does it for you, you will find more availability I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks