Need plumbing help connecting Electric Water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
The other end of the pipe is outside of the house , 6 inches off of GND and facing down. Is it just serving the water heater or the whole house?
Depends on how you look at it. It keeps the whole house water pressure down. But the water pressure it is dealing with is called by the water heater heating cold water, which expands.

The common thing today is to have a thermal expansion tank. But if you don't have such a tank, you could connect the pressure relief pretty much to any pipe in your plumbing, and it would release the excess pressure. In other words, it does not have to be right at the WH. Could be in the laundry room, for example.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
if you remove it Andy You might require an expansion tank. where does the other relife valve go right on garage floor? I guess I went on a bit of a rant about how your house is plumbed , just a bit of foreighn way to me. the 75 psi relief valve likely adds a degree of safety to your system and wouldnt nessesarily remove it but if I did Id likely need to add an expansion tank .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks