Need more space behind toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

dhuston

Reaction score
Wife wants to put some shiplap behind toilet in master and guest bath but tank is very close to the wall. Floor is concrete slab with tile. Would the best option be getting a 10 inch rough in toilet? Pretty sure that current toilets are standard 12 inch rough in. I know the 10 inch toilet would give me 2 inches behind the tank and I really only need a inch at most. Any other options?

Thank you

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
What is on the wall now? If it's lath and plaster or tile or cement board, I would be looking to remove that first.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
If you shop around, they make many varieties of fake shiplap, some that is only 3/8 thick. You can reset most toilets a little off-center to gain 1/2". A 10" toilet would work for you, but it is a pretty big expense with limited options compared to a standard 12" rough toilet.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Brass offset floor flange give you 2" if you remove the old one and lead wipe the new one in

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Some toilets, like the Toto Original Drake, CST744E, give you well over 1" of space between the tank and wall when mounted on 12" rough-in. That might be the solution, allowing you to avoid replumbing everything.

moar

Reaction score
What would happen if you were to use a 10" rough-in toilet?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks