Need mobile home ventilation advice asap

Users who are viewing this thread

Dertman

Reaction score
Hello,

We have been doing a total remodel of an older single wide on my wife's families land. Everything has been good up to the master bathroom. I tore out the old tub and shower. I have a stand alone soak tub to install but the vent pipe is above the sub floor outside the wall. Every sink in the trailer is ventilated. If I were to plumb the tub drain straight down would I need a vent for the tub since all the other drains in the mobile home are vented? Would save me a lot of time if I didn't need to vent that tub drain.

Thanks

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
How far is the nearest sink vent pipe from the tub? It can be up to 8' for a 2" drain, 6" for a 1.5" drain.

In new construction, the simplest way to vent a bathroom group is usually to install a single vertical vent pipe behind the bathroom sink. This works as long as all the plumbing fixtures connect to the main drain line in the floor within 8 lineal feet of the sink drain.

upload_2021-10-17_6-1-35.jpeg

Dertman

Reaction score
How far is the nearest sink vent pipe from the tub? It can be up to 8' for a 2" drain, 6" for a 1.5" drain.

In new construction, the simplest way to vent a bathroom group is usually to install a single vertical vent pipe behind the bathroom sink. This works as long as all the plumbing fixtures connect to the main drain line in the floor within 8 lineal feet of the sink drain.

View attachment 77783

The sink is definitely less than 8 feet away from the bathtub. And like I said they all have those under the sink check valves. So it would be ok to forgo putting one in the bathtub?

Reach4

Reaction score
The tub needs a trap. The tub would down to the input of the trap. The output of that trap needs to stay horizontal for 3 or more inches if that is a 1-1/2 inch trap. Then it join the lavatory drainage, which wet-vents the trap. After that, the drainage can go straight down etc.

Dertman

Reaction score
So I don't need to redo the check vent that is above the sub flooring.. that's my main concern

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Check Vent? Do you mean an AAV (air admittance valve)? It doesn't hurt to leave it. Is this sink the bathroom sink with presently an AAV or a roof vent?

Dertman

Reaction score
Check Vent? Do you mean an AAV (air admittance valve)? It doesn't hurt to leave it. Is this sink the bathroom sink with presently an AAV or a roof vent?

It's a mobile home so all the vents are under the sink, like those little black cap vents I've seen them called cheater vents. Honestly I'm not sure if there's a vent on the roof.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks