Need Ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a problem. Can anyone suggest me the best way to connect a non-pressure Solar Water Heating (evacuated glass vacuum tubes type) to a home that has an existing pressurerized water system. Will be pleased to answer any questions to clarify what I require. Thanks and all you guys have a nice day. Saadat

Last edited:

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
When you say pressurized do you mean city pressure or from a well with a pressure tank¿ What PSI is the water main set at¿

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. The system has its own pressure pump. The pump gets it's feed by gravity-flow from an over-head water tank. The system runs between 3-4 bars

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Create a loop with a pump and use an indirect fire water heater. That's it's most simplistic approach, of course it helps to have an experienced plumber to help design such a system.

Bill Arden

Computer Programmer
Reaction score
Website
www.billarden.com
A plate heat exchanger would work for in floor heating.

For "potable hot water" heating you need to use either a hot water heater with a built in heat exchanger or add a heat exchanger on the side.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks