Need honest plumber recommendation in Tacoma Washington

Users who are viewing this thread

jasper lui

Reaction score
The previous plumber cut 2 big holes under ground and underneath the house of iron pipes. I don't know why they did it and what they fix. They just put tapes on them and left. I told them to stop of what they are doing. My wife found another plumber and he is asking for $1,500 to fix the 2 holes of the pipes. Is it a reasonable price just to fix the holes? I attached pictures to show what the holes look like. Need helps. Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20191226_152216780.jpg
    IMG_20191226_152216780.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20191226_153419634.jpg
    IMG_20191226_153419634.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 151

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You can't just "fix the holes". You have to remove the pipe where the holes are and install new sections of pipe. There is no way we can tell you what plumbers in your area are charging so you just have to call a couple of others to compare their prices.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
$1,500 is really cheap the new plumber was giving you a gift

I wonder when you called the first person did anyone bother to ask if they had a master plumbers license in that area?

Just because someone says they are a plumber does not make it so

To replace this cracked 5 " cast iron pipe which was easily accessible I charged over $3,200 and it took almost an hour for me to do it BUT then again IM old

Attachments

• Cracked CI.jpg
    Cracked CI.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 157
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks