Need Help

Users who are viewing this thread

wmills

Reaction score
We just closed on a house that our family loves. Just one problem, no hot water. I checked to make sure the power is run correctley. Checked the elements They were both good, replaced them with new ones anyway, worth the cost for the future. Still no hot water. I am now thinking in the way of replacing the thermostats. Cant be much else that I can think of. The tank is about five years and I think it is worth fixing instead of replacing. It is about thirty gallons underneath the house. I always hated water heaters under the house.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If there's power to the WH, then it's either the elements, or the thermostat, or, the water is turned off, or clogged up and can't flow. Do you get flow but it's cold?

You need a meter.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heater

I am not a big fan of guessing why things do not work and just start replacing things until they do work. You would not let your car mechanic do that would you, (although a friend of mine did have something like that happen to her a few weeks ago, until I told her what the problem was and the mechanic fixed it). Test the elements, and thermostats, AND power to the heater before doing anything. Find out where the problem is and then fix THAT and nothing else. For example, you could have a burned out wire in the heater's junction box, if the heater has aluminum wire to it.

wmills

Reaction score
I am not a fan of just jumping into the change parts attitude. Turns out I had a circut breaker with one leg that was frying causing intermittent power. I replaced it and now it works great. I had changed all the parts Knowing that the parts are not that expensive and after draining the tank I wanted a fairly fresh start. Thanks for the help and sorry for not replying sooner but have been offline for a couple of weeks due to the move.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks