Need help with very slow draining toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Kyle1990

Reaction score
So I am having a problem with our downstairs toilet not working to well. It can flush but it just fills up with water and very slowly drains back down to being empty.
About 6 months ago I had a plumber come out for the problem and he took off the toilet and snaked the main drain line, we are still having problems though. He also checked the septic tank and said it was good.

Not sure if these issues are connected but when I take a shower upstairs you can hear gurgling in the drain. Also sometimes the downstairs toilet and shower will overflow with water. Not exactly sure why, its only happened a few times might be because of using to much water at once.
Maybe just a clog some where else? Not going to lie I don't know to much about plumbing but would rather try to tackle this myself if I can instead of calling someone back out.

Sorry for the long read, any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Reach4

Reaction score
He also checked the septic tank and said it was good.
How long ago were the last 2 septic pumpings? What did the septic truck guy say last time about how full it was?

If you don't know the answer to any of these things, I would get the tank pumped. If it turns out you were early, you are still not wasting money. Besides getting the tank emptied, you will get useful information. If you go to long, it can be very expensive.

Kyle1990

Reaction score
Had it emptied in 2015. They didn't say much about it besides saying to get it done every 4 years.
Do you think that is the cause of the problems?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks