Need help with softener drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Apro1day

Reaction score
New to all of this but I’m going to self install a SpringWell whole house filter and salt based system. I have to carbon tank soaking and plan to soak and flush a couple times before installing. I have a few questions and open to all suggestions with this as I am a newb at plumbing.

I have a loop installed. What is the best way to determine which is the inlet and outlet?

The drain is a small probably 1/2” pipe sticking right out of the wall and drains into a part of my washer drain in the next room with an air gap. The two drain lines would not fit into this small of a diameter pipe and I was wondering if I need to seal it since the drain seems to be going uphill. Is it pressurized or will gravity still drain this fine with just an upward facing elbow with a larger diameter piece put on? The install seems pretty a right forward from the video and book it came with but I’m kind of lost on the drain issue.

Also, the tube in the softener tank is not sticking up in the middle when I take the cap off. It needs force to make it center so the head can screw on. The carbon tank seems fine but this one is off. I’m worried the company is just gonna day it’s fine till it breaks and I’m in a mess to do anything about it even if they know it shouldn’t be this way.

Is it OK if the internal center pipe of the tanks are PVC? Should it be CPVC?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks