Need help with shower drain removal

Users who are viewing this thread

cheapskate001

Reaction score
Hello, I'm "attempting" (unsuccessfully, so far!) to remove the shower drain from upstairs master bath - a stand alone fiberglass shower - the drain leaks in between the fitting and pipe. I've already cut a piece out of the ceiling to access it from underneath. I cannot get the retaining nut loose from the bottom of the drain that secures it to the shower floor. I've tried banging with a hammer/long screwdriver against some of the nubs, a plumber's wrench (like the bathtub kind, except I don't think it's big enough, and can't get real good latch on any of the nubs with it) - any pointers from any of the experienced folks on this??? Already have new parts drain, and pvc to replace up past p-trap - new drain is an Oatey similar to what's in there now, except that it's a rubber pipe seal inside instead of the putty/oakum stuff that was in the old one.....thanks in advance!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks