Need help with pump extraction

Users who are viewing this thread

Voltz

Electrician
Reaction score
Okay so Im stupid .... its not my fault I was born that way. So I wanted to pull my pump to replace it as I have determined that the holding tank is good and the control box is calling for the pump to pump, still no water. I called a friend of mine to come over and help me pull this pump and neither one of us had done it before. Not long into the process of opening the well cap ect I got the T handle attached and my friend proceeded to jerk and pull and bend the T handle breaking the threads off the end. So my problem now is that I have not pulled my well pump because I cant get a T Handle screwed back in. The pitless is about 40 inches from the top of the well case, and I am a pretty tall guy, but my arms arent that dang long. Anyone have any ideas about how to pull this darn thing ? I thought maybe I could get a tow hook or something wrapped around it and pull it that way, but I dont really want to take the chance of dropping the whole ball of wax into my well. Please help!!!!!

Speedbump

Reaction score
Call a Well Driller that knows how to go fishing. Otherwise you may need one to drill you a new well.

bob...

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Unless someone can thread a cable underneath the pitless just right to catch the male part of the pitless dove tail with the drop pipe attached to it, or... around the drop pipe so it slides up to the pitless, you don't get the pump out now.

A word to others... use galvanized or black iron pipe to make the tee handle and only pull straight up so you don't break it. I used 3/4" with a 1" MPT x 3/4" reducer; the pitless usually has a 1" hole.

And screw it in so you get all the threads you can. And don't try pulling a pump by hand unless you have a good idea of how heavy it is going to be. You can guess by knowing the depth of the well or the pump. Usually I could not pull one by hand (alone) from more than 70-80' and that depends on the water level in the well. The higher the better. And you must have some way of stopping to rest and not let everything go back down the well. A portable or vice grip type well casing pipe vise is best. My guess is that no one can pull galvanized drop pipe that is more than 30-40" deep and then you have to remove the 21' sections while not dropping the rest down the well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks