Need help with old leaking toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Sandor the Hun

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have an old toilet and it is leaking.
It is about 35 years old, the name on it is Thomas Crapper.
The problem is is water is constantly leaking into the bowl.
Can I replace the internals, are there parts available for such an old toilet?
I don't think that the tank comes off, the bolts are totally rusted.
The biggest problem is that the toilet is glued to the floor with grout, it would be a huge mess to replace, I suspect that it would have to be broken up.
I would love to fix it if I can.
I have no experience with this sort of thing but I can repair things.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Reach4

Reaction score
I would love to fix it if I can.
Is this from a collector's item perspective, economy, or environmental reuse perspective? An old toilet will take more water for each flush, but your water is recycled.

A new toilet would flush much better. Repairing the old toilet is likely going to be more expensive.

That could be mortar under the toilet, but it could be plaster of Paris. Plaster of Paris could be removed with water and time. If mortar, the toilet may just lift up from the mortar after the nuts are removcd.

I ran across this: https://www.thomas-crapper.com/Thomas-Crapper-Facts-about-Bathrooms.html

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks