need help with my bathtub

Users who are viewing this thread

E

erikie

Our house was built in the mid-50's and much of it still is original. Our bathtub hardware has been unidentifiable by many local plumbers and supply stores. I don't want to replace/upgrade it rather fix it or replace with identical part(s).

If you'll notice on the 2nd to last image here, there's a nib that's been grounded down from normal wear over the years. I'm certain I can find a way to rebuild what's missing by soldering (steel?) to it, however, I thought I'd ask here if anyone knows where I can find a new knob?
I'm also wanting to find the Hot and Cold screw caps for the tub knobs. Anyone?

Thanks!

H
2016-09-23 10.42.31.jpg
2017-01-04 12.07.20.jpg
2017-01-04 12.07.26.jpg
2017-01-04 12.07.33.jpg
2017-04-11 23.47.29.jpg
2017-04-11 23.48.06.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have seen drains like that many decades ago, but cannot tell you who made them, possibly Frost, but at this time I doubt anyone would still have parts for them anyway.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FWIW, that looks like the tub fixtures that were in the house I grew up in...installed in the early 50's. Those got thrown away many years ago. Manufacturers aren't required to maintain parts forever, and it's uncertain if that company even still exists.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks