Need help with Fleck 2510 / 3210 timer settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Bannerman

Reaction score
The standard residential BLFC (brine line flow control) restrictors are rated at 0.125, 0.25, 0.5 & 1.0 gpm.

The BLFC appears like a rubber washer with a specific size tapered hole in the centre and with a flow rate number moulded into it. The taper allows the flow rate to remain consistent over a wide pressure range. The restrictor placement will allow a higher flow rate past when brine is being drawn compared to the specified flow rate when water is flowing in the opposite direction when filling the brine tank.

Otto Mation

Reaction score
Is the one they are shipping you a #2 injector? That would seem nearly ideal.

I heard back. They are sending me the green #4 injector and throat and a 1 gpm BLFC. I have asked them to include a #3 injector and throat also.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I heard back. They are sending me the green #4 injector and throat and a 1 gpm BLFC.
That injector draws what, about 0.7 gpm? 11/0.7=15.7 minutes. That would match a 60 minute BD fine. If you try the TDS (or taste) of the drain line, you could fine tune that. I agree that rinsing much more than needed to get rid of the salt will consume some softening capacity.

For the drain line TDS test, you could video the TDS meter, unless the TDS meter times out too soon.

A 1 gpm DLFC won't let you choose 11 gallons, with your 2-minute granularity.

Otto Mation

Reaction score
A 1 gpm DLFC won't let you choose 11 gallons, with your 2-minute granularity.

That is okay. I would rather error on side of caution and use a little extra salt and not introduce hardness into the system. Regenerating every 350 gallons does not give me much room for error. There is quite a bit of salt in my water naturally, so I'll never be able to rinse it all out. I regenerated last night with the current setup that I described earlier with a 120 minute BD/SR cycle and the water tastes the same and has the same amount of TDS as it did with the one hour BD/SR cycle. I like the idea of watching a TDS meter to fine tune the rinse cycle but that is not easy to achieve with my set up. On a positive note, I am down to 2 gpg of hardness at the kitchen sink now.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks