Need help with a new vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Hawkeye72

Reaction score
I need to add a vent to a bathroom group. I have a spot in a partition wall that it can run up. Unfortunately, the only open spot in it doesn’t line up with the waste line below. I was going to add a vent in the wall and use a sanitary tee on its back to tie it into the waste line. There is hardly any room in the space to do anything else. A wye and 45 will not fit.

The problem I have is that the vent will come down 1 foot off to the side of where the waste line currently runs. Is it possible to just add a 90 to the vent to turn it towards the waste line and then have it go in to a sanitary tee on its side? I could probably angle it up 10 or 15 degrees. Would this work for venting everything (toilet, standup shower, double sink)?

Edit: Sorry, I measured and it is 1 foot away off to the side not 2 like I originally posted.

Last edited:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
No, a dry vent has to take off on the vertical and stay vertical until 6" above the fixture flood rim. So the san-tee should be rolled up at least 45 degrees.

Perhaps a floor plan showing what you have and what you are trying to do would allow us to offer an alternative.

Cheers, Wayne

Hawkeye72

Reaction score
Well I guess I could open up that wall and relocate stuff to the other side. More work, but then I can just hit the sanitary tee vertica”. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks