Need help with a drain size

Users who are viewing this thread

Nathank

Reaction score
Recently moved into my house and the bathtub drain looks awful there's a leak in the tub faucet which has subsequently damaged the area around the drain. For some reason the drain is not wide enough to sit flush with the tub. The flange is the correct size but it allows water to sit all the way around the drain cap which has rusted and damaged the tub. I've already tried replacing the drain cap but it's the same size. My question is how I can get this sorted so I don't have to dry up the water every time the faucet gets used. The diameter of the section is 3 and a half inches. Attached are pictures of the drain for reference.

http://m.imgur.com/Lr3N5UD,0kvXbLQ

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You may be able to paint or refinish the tub there. That also may not be the only rust you have. I've pulled some tubs with hidden rust too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks