Need help uninstalling water spout from bathroom sink

Users who are viewing this thread

SamT

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a widespread bathroom sink that I am about to replace but I am having a hard time figuring out how to uninstall the spout.

I loosened the nut from below but that doesn't allow me to remove the spout.

I looked at the spout from above and don't see anything obvious on how I can remove it and I am too stupid to figure out what I am missing.

Attached are some photos from above and below the sink

Would appreciate some advice.
Sink 1.jpg
Sink 2.jpg
Sink 3.jpg
Sink 1.jpg
Sink 2.jpg
Sink 3.jpg

Thanks!
Sam

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Not stupid, but it looks like you need to hold the threaded part below with pliers and then remove the fitting below the nut, and then the nut. Two sets of pliers or a second person holding the spout above.
Or a hacksaw if you are tossing the faucet anyway.
There are many ways if the faucet is heading to the trash. Fewer ways if you're saving it.

So the next time you see an ad that says 15 minute installation, don't laugh so hard you spill your coffee. They always come off a lot harder than what the ad says.

channel-lock-pliers.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks