Need help troubleshooting irrigation system

Users who are viewing this thread

Rmk9785e

Reaction score
Acquired a small home and lawn irrigation is not working. Looking for info on figuring out why these Rainbird PEB valves are not working even manually.
Valves.jpeg

Not sure what the round knob is for since it doesn't make any difference whether it is opened (turned counterclockwise) or the closed the other way. The solenoid valves are sitting freely and can be turned without much effort.
I've tried manually turning the valves on to see which zone is serviced by each to no avail.

Last edited:

Rmk9785e

Reaction score
Maybe the water is still shut off at the back flow devise.
I've tested water being available at the back flow device. On newer valves, one can manually open by turning the solenoids. The solenoids on these valves are lose and freely move in either direction. Is there a way to test each of these valves manually?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks