need help right away anyone out there

Users who are viewing this thread

wolfe126

Reaction score
hi i need someones advise on a problem i have here solder didn't hold have a leak now water is still not all drained from the pipe can not get solder to heat up enough to pull apart any suggestions

loafer

Mechanical Engineer
Reaction score
If you can't otherwise drain the pipe, you may have to cut it.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A wet vac may help. A Sharkbite fitting slides on...no soldering. That can be a permanent fix, or it can be removed later when you decide to then solder things.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
To sweat a joint there are some requirements that must be met or the joint absolutely will not hold. 1. The pipe must be free of water. 2. The pipe ends and the fitting insides must be sanded or brushed perfectly clean. 3. The joint must be fluxed. 4. Heat must be applied to the fitting so as to heat the joint to the point the solder will flow when applied to the joint. Melting the solder with the torch will not produce a good joint. Those conditions are inflexible. What you have to do get the water out of the pipes depends on the situation. You may have to make several cuts to get the pipe dry then reassemble. You may have to get creative.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks