Need help removing grab bar from bathtub

Users who are viewing this thread

steveg1999

Reaction score
Hi folks, I need help removing this grab bar from this bathtub. Any ideas please???

Thank you....

Steve

Attachments

• P8310024 (Small).JPG
    P8310024 (Small).JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 529
  • P8310023 (Small).JPG
    P8310023 (Small).JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 588

Cookie

Reaction score
If it doesn't unbolt, a hack saw?
That to me, looks more dangerous with a tripping hazard than could ever had helped an older person.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I'd then be thinking tub-liner and acrylic wall solution when it is off (aka Bathfitter or a cheaper competitor) or a glass sliding door to conceal the marks.

Cookie

Reaction score
If the damage isn't too great when it is removed, their is a kit to fix it. I am pretty sure HD carries it.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Do those square flanges lift up to expose bolts?? If not, it was installed from underneath before the tub was installed. Trying to remove it would cause damage to the tub, and even if you get it off, you have holes in the tub. You could not fix those in any way that would be aesthetically acceptable to me.

Why not just leave it??

steveg1999

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, my client just doesn't like it! It won't just lift off, maybe it is bolted on from underneath........ I'm thinking I'll take a grinder to it, then either check out that kit @ HD (tx), or call a company that does tub repairs to patch up whatever damage I do....
Any other ideas........???

Thanks again,
Steve

Cookie

Reaction score
I don't like it either, plus, someone could get their foot caught in it and take a tumble. I guess, a new tub is another option.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks