Need Help Programming Softener/Filter and Setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
Last edited:

TxHr

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion, I fat fingered my hardness. In at 30 GPG, not 40. Either way, I’m gonna be using a lot of salt

Reach4

Reaction score
Multiply 3o by 1.2 for the compensation for high hardness, so H=36.

That would give a 3.33 day estimate, which might be 4 if you use a little less water.

TxHr

Reaction score
So I just need to adjust those two factors in my programming and I’m off to the races??

TxHr

Reaction score
Also, do you recommend trying 6 lbs salt instead of 8 initially with these new settings?

Never mind, I just read your previous post and answered this question.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
So I just need to adjust those two factors in my programming and I’m off to the races??
Only H. The days estimate is not programmed in.

For H, you don't need to go to the Master Programming Mode. You get to the User Programming Mode as you would the master, but you don't set the time to 12:01 pm.

Also, do you recommend trying 6 lbs salt instead of 8 initially with these new settings?

I see I was computing for 5 people, which is not yet there. With shorter forecast time between regens, it may be that the higher setting gets another day out of it. You could observe your usage to see which works better. At 6 lb/cuft the forecast is 2.78 days, and with 8 lb/cuft it is 3.33 days. So if your usage happened to be 300 gallons per day, that would be the difference between 2 days and 3 days.

If I compute for 4 people, using 240 gallons per day, the respective numbers are 3.47 and 4.17 (which would mean 3 or 4 days).

If you are expecting guests the next day, you might trigger a regen to happen earlier than it would have.

TxHr

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks again for all of your help. I appreciate everything.

TxHr

Reaction score
My softener has performed two successful regens since making the programming adjustments. Last night, there was a regen and my water in the house is now back to having the taste as there is no salt in the tank. The brine tank is full of salt and it was cleaned last month. Where should I look to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Brandon

Reach4

Reaction score
Last night, there was a regen and my water in the house is now back to having the taste
What taste is that? Iron?
as there is no salt in the tank.
What does that mean?

How many inches of brine/water are in the brine tank between regenerations? When you do a regeneration, how far down does the brine level fall (measure that maybe 40 minutes after the regeneration cycle starts).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks