Need help plumbing drain line for kitchen island

Users who are viewing this thread

BML

Reaction score
Need a bit of help plumbing the drain line for a new kitchen island.

We have cut the floor to run new drain line from the existing kitchen sink (a peninsula) to the new one in the island.

The first picture below shows the existing sink drain flowing down below grade (2" black ABS).

The second image shows the implementation we would like to use, since we are having trouble finding the vertical to horizontal connection on the existing line (already dug down 24" with no connection in sight).

Is it possible to use the connection diagram in the second picture? A long sweep 90 coming off the existing pipe about 18" down, slight pitch (1/4" per foot) over to the sink (about 7' run), then another long sweep 90 going up to the sink cabinet? There will be an AAV in the kitchen sink for venting. I was also thinking about using a long sweep wye on the existing drain to put a cleanout above grade just in case, as I had read it might be hard to get a snake through so many bends.

If there are any drawbacks to this approach, please let me know. Thanks!

IMG-4277.JPG
IMG-4278.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks